My first painting project for 20 years has finally ended, and I am very very pleased with them. I am no painter. I don’t have the patience or the steady hand required, but I think I’ve done enough to make them an above average paint job and they should look very impressive when they take to the Blood Bowl arena next week.
So here they are….
I’m really pleased with them and I’ve learned a few lessons for the next team (to be started this week). Firstly, I think I was a little heavy handed with the base paint. I’ll water down the base coat a little and if necessary to another coat rather than one thick one. I repainted the bases many times but in the end I think the black edge plus the grass base looks very nice. It’s also easy to add new pieces to the roster without worrying about what colour to paint the base. Finally, use a different varnish. I used the Citadel Purity Seal spray and it left some of the models with white patches which I don’t like.
So there we go. My first team. I can’t tell you how happy I am with them and I can’t wait to play with them and I’m really excited about creating the next team. I’m definitely back in this hobby 🙂